Sweet Wrappers Mission Statement
- Sweet Wrappers supports positive infant and perinatal mental health and wellbeing, through promoting secure attachments for babies, young children, and their parents and carers.
- Sweet Wrappers aims to achieve this through offering a range of services in the capacity of a social enterprise, at present:
- Carrying Consultancy and Sling Library
- Breastfeeding Support
- Social Group for Parents and Carers
- Postnatal Doula Support
- Signposting to Further Evidence-Based Information and Services
Carrying Consultancy and Sling Library
Sweet Wrappers offers parents and carers:
- The opportunity to learn about the positive effects of carrying for both babies and children, and parents and carers, including how it promotes healthy attachments and positive mental health and wellbeing for both.
- The opportunity to learn about the types of slings/carriers available, how to choose the most suitable type for their particular circumstances, and how to use slings/carriers in safety and comfort.
- The opportunity to hire slings/carriers at low cost.
Sweet Wrappers offers parents and carers the opportunity to learn about breastfeeding, and for breastfeeding mothers, the opportunity for accessing practical support with breastfeeding. Each member of the Sweet Wrappers Breastfeeding Support Team is a private practitioner, with their own professional insurance, who offers their time and expertise in a voluntary capacity at Sweet Wrappers events. Whilst some members of the Sweet Wrappers Breastfeeding Support Team also work in the NHS, their time at Sweet Wrappers events is volunteered in their capacity as individual private practitioners only. The breastfeeding support available to parents and carers at Sweet Wrappers events does not constitute any part of an NHS referral pathway.
Social Group for Parents and Carers
Sweet Wrappers offers parents and carers of babies and young children the opportunity to meet with each other and build their own peer support networks.
Postnatal Doula Support
Sweet Wrappers offers parents and carers of babies bespoke one-to-one Postnatal Doula support in their own home.
Signposting to further sources of evidence-based information and support
Sweet Wrappers offers parents and carers the opportunity to access further information and support for positive mental health and wellbeing and secure attachments in the form of:
- The Sweet Wrappers book-lending library
- Directory of local evidence-based service providers
- The opportunity to meet ‘special guest’ local evidence-based service providers, at no cost